Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pagan Panty Drop

That was the best line from tonight's coffee coven.  The Kansas City Witches Meetup Group has various coffee covens throughout the greater metropolitan area.  The Liberty one is closest to me and tonight I went to my first one.  It was fun.  Lot's of just shooting the shit with some great people. It was nice.

Tomorrow I go back to derby.  I do love it. I love reffing.  I've always been kind of a person who likes to know how things should be, so being a ref is right up my alley.  I love my fellow refs, not just the girls that I started Fresh Meat with in the fall of 2014, but also the others who have been in derby for a lot longer than I.  I have a new helmet, mostly because I've had a few knocks to the noggin from a rink floor...never do shopping carts with a vet when you can barely keep your balance as it is.  The back of my head bounced a couple of times because I couldn't keep my feet under me.  The clincher though, was when, as a pack ref I was waylayed by a jam ref going full speed and bounced the front of my head off a concrete floor at M.A.D.E Nationals.  Even though my helmet took the impact, I still had a knot on my forehead.  It. Was. Awesome.  I got a pretty one!

We play M.A.D.E. rules, so there is no soul crushing.  However, the sticker is fan-fucking-tastic and I had to have it. You can get your own at Rrrshop from Bruise Fairy.  She's a great skater and has awesome stuff in her shop. 

Today started out on down note, work was bearable.  It ended pretty good at the coffee coven.

Today I ate oatmeal, OJ, coffee, cheese sandwich, cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, carrots, a sleeve of graham crackers, a Chipotle veggie burrito and half a glass of Pepsi.

Today I didn't buy anything, but I am about to.  Microphones for my new podcast endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment