Thursday, March 5, 2015

Full Moon Esbat...Do It Yourself

Click the pic to go to the site!

It's a full moon tonight.  As you can see by the graphic made by my friend Marietta, it is the night of the Moon of Winds.  The power of the full moon is the most potent and the correspondences of this one fit with the things I am needing in my life.  I'm about to graduate with my Bachelor of Liberal Arts and around $45,000 in student loan debt. I took my current job because I was tired of of crying everyday that I had to go to my former one, even thought it would come with a 20% pay cut.  And while I don't despise having to go to work, I actually have quite a few things I enjoy about it, but my skills are not being utilized and once I have to start paying on those loans..well, I won't have ANY money for anything other than rent and bills.

I made some notes on things I need to focus on in the next few months.  That included the following:

  • Career - UMKC? Farmers? It should be fulfilling, allow me to grow, enough $, benefits, good hours, adequate time off for derby and travel
  • Education - Master's? In what? I need clarity in a direction to go. Public Affairs w/ emphasis in Non-Profit? Liberal Studies w/ emphasis in Women/Gender studies?
  • Financial - Student loans in particular...should I invest a couple of dollars per week in the lotto? Can I find a plan to pay without taking all my disposable income?
  • Addictions - the eating and shopping aren't quite out of control, but they aren't in control either
  • Goals - Become a better skater. Education. Reduction of debt. Career. Weight loss.
  • Personal - More spiritual activities, resolve the relationship issue, spend more time with family and friends.
I decided to concentrate on career and debt for this and took my first try at candle magick.  I select a green candle as it represents prosperity, money and success.  Upon it I carved the runes Fehu and Dagaz.  Fehu representing monetary wealth and new beginnings. Degaz also representing new beginnings and financial increase. I then carved the words 'career', 'debt relief' and 'success'.  Next I anointed the candle with olive oil and a mix of Red Clover and Jasmine.  The Red Clover represented finances, positive vibrations and success. Jasmine representing prosperity.

My altar with intent candle lit


I followed a ritual in Sandra Kynes book, "A Year of Ritual". It was a wonderful ritual with the themes of "Cast out unneeded things from our lives" and "Make room for new growth and new things to enter our lives". The only deviation I made was to state my intentions and light my candle.

Green candle for prosperity and success.

I have hope that tonight's focus and intention will help start the changes that I need to happen in my life.  I suppose that is what spirituality is all about.


Today I ate: banana, apple, grapefruit, salad, soyrizo & salsa w/ tortilla chips, almond milk

Today I bought: nothing.





No comments:

Post a Comment