Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Celebrating Imbolc Early

Today my circle celebrated Imbolc.  I wrote the ritual (with assistance from various books written by people more knowledgeable than me) and we did crafts to celebrate including carving into a self-dedication candle and making binding knots for protection.

Here are two pictures.  The first is in color.  I chose the Orange candle because it represents the following things: Attraction, Encouragement, Stimulation, fire and Courage.  These are what I want to dedicate for my personal path this year.  I also carved these words, a couple of runes and a few of my endeavors for this year into it.

The b&w photo makes it a little easier to see the carving.



I also sent home a crafting kit with each to make Priapic Wands. I love my circle because we always try to make sure that we have crafting to do or some sort of fun participatory event.  We also did a Bardic Circle, each of us sharing a joke or song or quote.  I unleashed my awesome green golf balls joke on them.  It was a blast.

I almost thought none of this would get to happen.  I ended up leaving work 45 minutes late.  I still needed to run to Mystic Treasures to pick up some Amethyst to hand out and go home to cook my contribution to the potluck.  When I got to my apartment, it was surrounded by KCP&L trucks and there was a crew with a shit-ton of cables out of the ground between my building and the next.  I overheard them tell a neighbor they couldn't give an exact time on when they'd be done.  I couldn't cook or print out my ritual or anything.  I felt pretty defeated.  But with the help of my friend Marietta and her husband Aaron..it was all good.  She had an early draft of the ritual I had sent to her that she printed out and he cooked up some mushrooms that I picked up from the store on my way over.  It was a great night and the power was back on when I got home.

Yesterday and today I ate: soy cappuccino, apple, 1/4 Jimmy John's veggie sub, Chipotle Sofritas Burrito, sleeve of graham crackers, bowl of cereal, 1/2 cheese sandwich, carrots and cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese, bag of Twix Bites, mushrooms, wild rice, corn casserole.

Yesterday and today I bought: Amethyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment