Friday, June 3, 2016

I Tried To Draw A Comic Strip...Once


For those of you that don't know, I fancy myself an artist at times.  Currently, most of my art consists of crocheted items, mostly hats and fingerless mitts.  I love it because it's faster than knitting and I am CREATING something.  Hats...I really like making hats, especially this pattern.
3rd version

Very 1st time

I was a graphic design then sculpture major before I just went for the Liberal Arts degree.  I love 2-D work best.  My profile pic for this blog is one of my designs for Red Riding Hood.  It was the final product created by cutting Color-aid paper with an X-acto knife and utilizing rubber cement to build the work.  My whole idea with the images were to create them only with basic shapes: square, circle, rectangle, triangle.  I wanted children to see them and once they realized only those shapes were used, they may feel like they, too, could create art.  So many times people are scared to try creating because they feel they need 'talent', but we can all make art.  It's as simple as putting a circle on a triangle and two rectangles to compose a girl in a hood. Here are a couple of images from the process before cutting began.


First sketch

How about a little color?

But one of my all time favorites was when I decided to try my hand at a comic strip.  I only finished three, but someday I hope to get back to Shoddy Odditors.  Enjoy!

True story.

ANOTHER true story.

Yeah, I'm wierd.


I'm writing this in advance of day 3...so no updates on eating or shopping.















No comments:

Post a Comment